Monday 26th - Friday 30th October 2020
As our Adventure Club is a large building all activities can be spread out allowing for social distancing to take place where possible in line with government guidelines. Please bring appropriate outdoor clothing each day as activities will take place outside where possible. These Forest School sessions are held at our secondary Forest School site at Findern Primary School. We have a number of sheltered areas down in Forest School to protect the children from the elements. Handwashing and toileting facilities are also provided. Delicious meals will be cooked on the fire.
- Mad Science Monday 26th October Are you ready to become mad scientists? Come and try out some of our experiments and how about inventing some of your own new ones? While exploring this and making things change colour, we will also be having a go at making our own paper and designing our favourite experiment on it!
- Let's get messy Tuesday 27th October Time to get messy! Please come in old clothes ready to get messy! Along with exploring different forms of messy play activities, such as making moon sand, gloop and much more! We will be using a variety of different equipment to paint and mark make with such as sticks, forks, feathers, marbles and much more. Please also bring in a white top ready to tie-dye or use fabric paint to decorate it. We will spend part of the time in our Forest School.
- Mercia Marina Trip (NO EXTRA CHARGE) Wednesday 28th October Come dressed ready to take a walk down the canal to Mercia Marina. On the way, there will be a nature hunt and drawing what can be seen. Whilst at the Marina we will have a picnic and observe the environment, along with some pond dipping before we take a walk back down the canal back to Old School Adventure Club.
- Forest School - Mud Paint Extravaganza Thursday 29th October Today will be all about mud! From mud painting to mud face paints, and mud models, we will be seeing how many uses we can make out of mud. Imagination is key!
- Halloween CSI and Disco Day Friday 30th October Come dressed ready to impress in your spooktacular outfits! During the morning we will investigate the BIG question 'Who did it?' There will be lots of different solving activities, taking fingerprints and making casts of footprints. In the afternoon there will be a Halloween fancy dress competition for the best costume! The children will be getting creative, creating Halloween crafts, To finish the day a Halloween Disco will be held, along with spooky Halloween games.
In addition to the planned activities…
The children also have access to our fabulous outdoor play area, Forest School, books, drawing supplies, Wii games, internet, and a huge selection of toys and equipment.
Items to bring…
- White top
School's Out Prices
- Full day - £39.50 7:30-18:00 (Breakfast, snack, lunch & tea)
- Short day - £32.50 9:00-15:30 (Snack & lunch)
- Morning session - £27.00 7:30-13:00 (Breakfast, snack & lunch)
- Afternoon session - £22.00 13:00-18:00 (Tea)
Book your place
Terms & Conditions
- Holiday club is for all children who have started attending school.
- No registration fee is payable for school holiday club children.
- A completed registration pack is required to secure a school holiday club place for new children.
- A minimum of 2 weeks notice is required to secure a holiday club place. Additional sessions at late notice may be booked providing there is availability.
- Holiday club bills are sent out on the last day of each holiday club, or every two weeks during the summer holidays.
- Children of school age are required to provide and apply their own sun cream (nursery staff may supervise the application of them). If sun cream is not provided and is deemed necessary in order to protect your child, nursery sun cream will be supplied and the charge will be added on to your bill.
- Holiday club regularly attend trips. Parents are always informed when a trip is planned. Every effort is made to keep any extra costs to a minimum. Additional trip payments must be made on the morning of the trip day at the latest and you will be asked to sign a consent form in order for your child to attend.
- During trip days, it is the parents/carers responsibility to ensure your child is supplied with the appropriate clothes, footwear and any extra items required.
- If your child is not at the nursery in time to leave for a pre-organised trip, we will leave without them. It is then the parent/carers responsibility to meet the holiday club at their trip location. If you choose not to do this, full charges will still apply.
- Whilst every effort will always be made to keep to the planned agenda, we reserve the right to cancel or alter activities/outings without notice.
- In the event of the holiday club being full, your child will be put onto our waiting list and you will be informed as soon as a place becomes available.