Monday 22nd July - Tuesday 4th September 2019
Summer School's Out Club - Fun activities, trips and local outings. Qualified experience staff, healthy and delicious food and excellent equipment.
- Forest School Monday 22nd July 2019 Over the summer period, we will be cooking up our own dinners on our Forest School campfire. Today we will be baking our own campfire pizzas and popcorn. We will also be 'river' making and creating nature crowns, using resources from the natural environment.
- Save the day! Tuesday 23rd July 2019 Hero or Villain? Why not dress up as your favourite Hero or Villain. Will you be causing mischief or saving the day? You could come as a superhero or an everyday hero like a Doctor, Nurse, Soldier or Fireman.
- Chatsworth House (Extra Cost £6.50) Wednesday 24th July 2019 We are leaving nursery at 9.00am to explore Chatsworth House, we will be looking at what animals and creatures that live in the grounds of Chatsworth. We will be discussing who may have lived in a house as grand as Chatsworth too. A delicious picnic will be provided for lunch and we will return back to nursery for 3.30pm. Children welcome to bring pocket money for ice-creams.
- Spa Day Thursday 25th July 2019 Time to relax and unwind in The Old Forge Spa... enjoy a variety of activities, learn how to give a shoulder & head massage, create a natural mud face mask and explore the science side of relaxing, including yoga and meditation. We will also be making a lovely body scrub that you will be able to take home and try in the bath - don't forget robes, towels, and flip-flops.
- The Old Forge Garden Party Friday 26th July 2019 We will be putting our cooking skills to the test in the morning, followed by hosting a Garden Party in the afternoon. Throughout the morning we will be creating decorations for the garden. Music, dancing, and party games will be taking place!
- Rock Star Day Monday 29th July 2019 Let's get ready to rock and roll! Come dressed ready to be a rock star/pop star for the day. We will be learning how to write music and create our own lyrics to songs. During the afternoon we will be putting on a show for the rest of the nursery. School's Out will be creating their own musical instruments and decorations ready for the show. Together, we will be writing lyrics for a group song and creating some jazzy dance moves and actions that the rest of the nursery can join in with too!
- Matlock Bath Trip (Extra cost of £8) Tuesday 30th July 2019 We will be leaving at 9.00am to head to Matlock Bath where we will be exploring Matlock and having a picnic in the park for lunch. Children are welcome to bring some pennies for the arcades and maybe a stick of rock! Before leaving Matlock Bath we will be having a chippy tea (included in the price) before arriving back at nursery for 4.30pm.
- Forest School Wednesday 31st July 2019 We will be cooking around our Forest School campfire, making delicious egg, cheese and ham muffins and beans for our dinner. For pudding, we will be toasting marshmallows and making 's'mores'. Using natural resources, we will also be creating nature wands and making a muddy, gooey dinosaur swamp!
- Survival Day Thursday 1st August 2019 A fun day filled with team building exercises. We will be learning how to put up tents as a team and cooking our own dinners. We will be looking at what we need to survive in different scenarios as well as looking at the environment to see how and if we could make a home. We will be searching for what animals and creatures may also live in a forest.
- It's a Knockout Water Sports Day! Friday 2nd August 2019 You will be taking part in a day full of fun and exciting team challenges and games - battling it out to win the 'It's A Knockout' prize. Challenges will include water games, obstacle courses, treasure hunts, sports games and many more! The main theme of this day is water – so there will be many wet and wild activities taking place! Bring your towel and swimming costume!
- Technology Day Monday 5th August 2019 We will be exploring different forms of technology, as well as inventing our own; the next generation of mobile phones? Ipads? We will be heading out around the village to see what different forms of technology we can find in the environment. We will also be having a go at building our own robot and learning all about keeping safe when using the internet.
- Beach Themed Day Tuesday 6th August 2019 Let's make a splash! We will be turning the garden into the beach, where we will be splashing away in the paddling pools, making sandcastles, tucking into traditional fish and chips and cooling down with ice pops! Don't forget to bring your swimming costumes/shorts, flip-flops and towels!
- Markeaton Park Trip (Extra £2.00 cost) Wednesday 7th August 2019 Today we are off to Markeaton Park. We will be playing a variety of different outdoor games such as rounders, football and French cricket. Children are also welcome to bring extra pocket money for ice cream or extra activities.
- Challenge Your Limits! Thursday 8th August 2019 The key to this activity is teamwork! You will be put into mixed aged groups and presented with a variety of different challenges e.g. Water games, Music quizzes, Bottle rockets, 'What's inside the box?', Treasure hunts, Parachute challenges and more! Who will win the challenge? Today we are off to Markeaton Park. We will be playing a variety of different outdoor games such as rounders, football and French cricket. Children are also welcome to bring extra pocket money for ice cream or extra activities.
- Forest School Friday 9th August 2019 Down in Forest School today, we will be creating natural ornaments with different resources we can find outside. We will also be going on a summer scavenger hunt! Let's see what we can find!
- Space Day Monday 12th August 2019 Welcome all astronauts and aliens to our School's Out 'Space Hotel'. To get the cabin ready for our visitors, we will be cooking up a selection of delicious alien and space food fit for our visitors. To make them feel comfortable in our environment we will be creating paper mache planets, moon-sand and space slime. We will also be learning about the different planets in our solar system.
- Forest School Tuesday 13th August 2019 We will be getting the hammocks out and relaxing by making nature fans. We will also be getting messy and artistic by enjoying lots of fun activities such as making and painting with chalk muddy paint.
- Megazone & Markeaton Park Trip (Extra Cost £8.50) Wednesday 14th August 2019 A day full of fun and excitement! Heading into groups we will be enjoying a game of Laser-Tag at Megazone, played in a themed multi-level playing arena. You are the hunted and you have only a laser gun to aid your survival! Which team will win? Afterwards, we will head to Markeaton park for a picnic and a play on the swings, slides and play area.
- Comic Book Day Thursday 15th August 2019 Come dressed as your favourite comic book character! We will be looking at comic books and having a go at writing our own Old Forge comic. In the afternoon we will be turning our comic book into a film and recording it. We will be creating props, looking for film directors, camera men or women and auditioning for the different roles!
- This is the Greatest Show! Friday 16th August 2019 We will be turning the log cabin into a theatre and will be putting on a show for everyone in the nursery. We will be looking for a variety of different parts such as scriptwriters, hair and makeup artists, lead performers and much much more! We will begin the morning by watching a real theatre show to get ideas to write our own script. Followed by making popcorn and ice lollies for our guests later on in the day. You are welcome to bring in your own costumes or design them yourself. In the afternoon, the show will begin. Ready? ... Lights, camera, action!
- Carnival/Circus Day Monday 19th August 2019 Time for our Old Forge Summer Carnival! We will be learning traditional carnival dancing and making our own carnival floats to parade around the garden with. Please come dressed in bright coloured clothing. Sparkles, sequins, glitters are a must! We will have our faces painted and will make colourful accessories to put on a show!
- I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! Tuesday 20th August 2019 We're hosting our own Bush Tucker Trials! We will be going head to head with food tasting trials consisting of delicious tuna filled witchety grubs, mealworms, jungle ants, fish eyes, all washed down with cockroach, & piranha shakes. We will then be exploring the touchy-feely boxes to find our stars! Who can win the most stars for their teammates? Who is going to be crowned King/Queen of The Old Forge Jungle?
- Tutbury Castle (Extra Cost £5.90) Wednesday 21st August 2019 Today we are heading to Tutbury Castle. Here, we will be exploring the grounds and looking to see who used to live in the castle. We will be trying our hands at Archaeology by looking for objects from the past and guessing what year they may have come from. We will be observing the local wildlife whilst there too, documenting what we find.
- Forest School Thursday 22nd August 2019 We are creating magical potions down in Forest School today, as well as natural perfumes. We will also be getting artistic by creating our own pictures using natural resources in our environment such as sticks, bark etc.
- Chocolate day Friday 23rd August 2019 Time to overindulge in chocolate! We will be sitting back, relaxing, listening to spa music with a homemade chocolate face mask on. We will also be painting with chocolate, playing a game of chocolate roulette – however, there’s a catch! Some chocolate will taste delicious others not so nice! Who can guess what flavours are in them? We will also be making lots of yummy chocolate treats to take home and a lovely chocolate body scrub.
- In The Jungle, the mighty jungle... Tuesday 27th August 2019 .…the lion sleeps tonight. And so do the snakes, monkeys, tigers and birds. You could come as a jungle creature or part of the jungle itself! Brown trousers and a green t-shirt can turn you into a jungle tree or bright orange and yellow clothes will mean you'll shine as bright as the summer sun! We will be watching the Lion King and going on a safari around the village! We will also be looking at adopting another animal.. You will be able to visit our chosen animal at the zoo and see what it has been up to. (extra cost of £3)
- Conkers Trip (£8.60 extra cost) Wednesday 28th August 2019 We will be leaving nursery at 9.30am and travelling to Conkers. Whilst there we will be looking around the indoor interactive exhibits, as well as exploring the Enchanted Forest. We will also be exploring some different sculptures on the Discovery site, as well as using our senses to explore the Wildlife Trail and finding different patterns and shapes along the way. Whilst looking around the minibeast trail we will be learning interesting facts about minibeasts as we explore the area. We are also going to be taking part in a barefoot walk around Conkers. A picnic is provided and children are welcome to bring some extra spending money.
- Movie Day Thursday 29th August 2019 Have you got what it takes to be nominated for an Oscar? We’ll be creating our own films and Oscars and holding our very own The Old Forge's Got Talent contest.
- PJ Party Friday 30th August 2019 Feel Good Friday. Rock up in your favourite pyjamas for a film and popcorn day. We will also be busy baking our own tea and desserts. You are welcome to bring in your favourite games!
- Sports Activity Day Monday 2nd September 2019 Ready, steady, go! We will be having a fun-filled sports day. Remember to pack your running shoes.You will have the opportunity to complete assault courses and take part in team races/games. Activities included: egg and spoon races, skipping races, football matches and much more! We will also be taking part in sports themed craft, including medal making.
- Pirate, Princess and Den Making Day Tuesday 3rd September 2019 A day full of swashbuckling fun. Come dressed as a Pirate or Princess. We will be going on a treasure hunt to find the chest full of Pirate treasure! Let your imagination go wild with our large den building in and outside, what will it be today? We will be sword and wand making, creating Pirate hats and tiaras and much more!
In addition to the planned activities…
The children also have access to our fabulous outdoor play area, Forest School, books, drawing supplies, Wii games, internet, and a huge selection of toys and equipment.
School's Out Prices
- Full day - £38.00 7:30-18:00 (Breakfast, snack, lunch & tea)
- Short day - £31.00 9:00-15:30 (Snack & lunch)
- Morning session - £26.00 7:30-13:00 (Breakfast, snack & lunch)
- Afternoon session - £21.00 13:00-18:00 (Tea)
- Hourly Rate - £7.50 Available 7:30-18:00 (Per hour)
Book your place
Terms & Conditions
- Holiday club is for all children who have started attending school.
- No registration fee is payable for school holiday club children.
- A completed registration pack is required to secure a school holiday club place for new children.
- A minimum of 2 weeks notice is required to secure a holiday club place. Additional sessions at late notice may be booked providing there is availability.
- Holiday club bills are sent out on the last day of each holiday club, or every two weeks during the summer holidays.
- Children of school age are required to provide and apply their own sun cream (nursery staff may supervise the application of them). If sun cream is not provided and is deemed necessary in order to protect your child, nursery sun cream will be supplied and the charge will be added on to your bill.
- Holiday club regularly attend trips. Parents are always informed when a trip is planned. Every effort is made to keep any extra costs to a minimum. Additional trip payments must be made on the morning of the trip day at the latest and you will be asked to sign a consent form in order for your child to attend.
- During trip days, it is the parents/carers responsibility to ensure your child is supplied with the appropriate clothes, footwear and any extra items required.
- If your child is not at the nursery in time to leave for a pre-organised trip, we will leave without them. It is then the parent/carers responsibility to meet the holiday club at their trip location. If you choose not to do this, full charges will still apply.
- Whilst every effort will always be made to keep to the planned agenda, we reserve the right to cancel or alter activities/outings without notice.
- In the event of the holiday club being full, your child will be put onto our waiting list and you will be informed as soon as a place becomes available.